20111008

Redondo beach

Was hanging out in Redondo today, with a spanish couple we befriended at Ikea. As you do. I tend to always go north when I'm out and about, meaning towards Manhattan Beach, Marina del Rey and Venice (that's kind of far, so only for special occasions). But now I see I should be going south. It's real nice over there, a big fairground-feeling pier where they sell all kinds of fried sea creatures, popcorn, whale-safaris and beer, a small-ish beach that somehow feels more Mediterranean than Pacific (maybe not, but I'm homesick ok!!!), and a gang of dolphins jumping around and showing off. And the cutest little lifeguard tower.


That's Santa Monica over there in the horizon


After that I biked to Target and bought three board games.


Just because I felt like it.

No comments: