20111018

Improvised bread bonanza


Got crazy cravings for bread, think it has something to do with the extremely gray weather we're having here. Reminds me of Norwegian autumn = rain, cup of tea, books, warm and freshly baked bread. With butter. MMMmmm. And for the first time in my long, long life, I managed to whisp together a superb tasting gluten free mass that could be called bread if you're not too picky. I'm not, as long as I can put butter on it.


 
This is what I used: Sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, gluten free oatmeal, almond flour, psyllium husk, salt and water. Yup. That's it. As I said, this was all improvised so I have no idea how much I used of each of the ingredients. Probably around 1-2 dl oatmeal and almond flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons psyllium, and 1-2 dl of a mix of all the seeds. Then enough water to make it sticky. Let it rest for half an hour, so the psyllium can do its magic and bind everything together.


Pretty pretty little bread wannabes. In the oven, 180 degrees, 45 minutes.


Smoked ham and cucumber, yes please. This is the ham over all hams (besides Jon Hamm). And butter.


Fab rasberry marmalade = Stirred rasberries with palmsugar
Did I mention the butter?

5 comments:

chanel said...

Oh my gosh...this is to-die-for. It's hard to believe gluten free "bread" could taste good but anything with butter is worth a try!

http://bywayofney.blogspot.com/

SiljeOhlaLA said...

it was surprisingly good... but yeah, the butter usually does it;)

marita said...

supergood bread. I tried something similar before and with butter and lot of cheeeese its so yum AND very good for you.

www.californication.se


m

Atelier Decor blog said...

Hummm! parece muuuy buena!
Besitos! Atelier Decor¨{Vitoria Vaz}

SiljeOhlaLA said...

Bueniiiisimo:)